rained last night

JennyR

Sep 1, 2019
Wisconsin
yesterday my chlorine level was pretty decent, i have a 3" chlorine puck in my skimmer and we got rain overnight and tested my chlorine level today and i have none! should i go ahead and add some liquid chlorine?

tested my chlorine level today and i have none! should i go ahead and add some liquid chlorine?
Yes. You never want to see the FC drop to zero. Make sure you know your true CYA level, then increase the FC as noted on the FC/CYA Levels with some regular bleach or pool chlorine (same thing). Make sure the bleach is plain/regular.

yeah, i know my cya level is a little low but closing my pool with in a month. so was told to just go with that cya level for now and then get it to right level at start up next season. we just got it set up and just want to maintain it until we close it so i don't have a green pool in the spring :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.