Rain interrupted gunite shoot - is this a concern?

Cluckr7

Jun 19, 2020
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
In the middle of our gunite shoot today, we got about 0.25-0.5 inches of rain from a T-storm moving through.

They tried covering some of the freshly shot gunite but the wind blew the plastic sheet off pretty quick.

They paused and are coming back tomorrow.

Is the gunite getting more water from the rain during the shoot a concern in terms of the strength and composition of the gunite?

It rained during my shoot. They covered what they could with plastic and didn't stop. Lots of rain got on it. No issues at all. I'm pretty sure you can stop and start with gunite without issues.

Thank you for the responses. The gunite crew came out and finished up yesterday morning. I couldn’t tell how they prepped the jointed surfaces so just crossing my fingers.

I started watering yesterday evening. This morning I noticed the water that had collected in the weepholes and the main drain channel had a yellow tint. Is this normal?

F1DDAEEF-A6BE-4BEF-8109-A3319C2A8169.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses. The gunite crew came out and finished up yesterday morning. I couldn’t tell how they prepped the jointed surfaces so just crossing my fingers.

I started watering yesterday evening. This morning I noticed the water that had collected in the weepholes and the main drain channel had a yellow tint. Is this normal?

View attachment 166857
That water color is normal. Mine looked the same.

I can feel it on the parts they shot yesterday. The stuff two days ago I don’t really feel heat anymore.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Noticed a small seam on my sunshelf. It’s about 6” long. Something to be concerned about? I sent a photo to my PB.
735059DF-3257-4DFE-BAD3-A347A63E97A6.jpeg

Been watering it every few hours, glad I only need to do this for a few days!

Noticed a small seam on my sunshelf. It’s about 6” long. Something to be concerned about? I sent a photo to my PB.
View attachment 166909

Been watering it every few hours, glad I only need to do this for a few days!

This isn't a concern. The plaster is what makes your pool waterproof. Gunite is the shell that holds the plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.