Rain interrupted gunite shoot - is this a concern?

Cluckr7

Jun 19, 2020
Texas
In the middle of our gunite shoot today, we got about 0.25-0.5 inches of rain from a T-storm moving through.

They tried covering some of the freshly shot gunite but the wind blew the plastic sheet off pretty quick.

They paused and are coming back tomorrow.

Is the gunite getting more water from the rain during the shoot a concern in terms of the strength and composition of the gunite?

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
It rained during my shoot. They covered what they could with plastic and didn't stop. Lots of rain got on it. No issues at all. I'm pretty sure you can stop and start with gunite without issues.

Cluckr7

Jun 19, 2020
Texas
Thank you for the responses. The gunite crew came out and finished up yesterday morning. I couldn’t tell how they prepped the jointed surfaces so just crossing my fingers.

I started watering yesterday evening. This morning I noticed the water that had collected in the weepholes and the main drain channel had a yellow tint. Is this normal?

F1DDAEEF-A6BE-4BEF-8109-A3319C2A8169.jpeg

Last edited:

HtownPool08

May 8, 2020
Houston, TX
Thank you for the responses. The gunite crew came out and finished up yesterday morning. I couldn’t tell how they prepped the jointed surfaces so just crossing my fingers.

I started watering yesterday evening. This morning I noticed the water that had collected in the weepholes and the main drain channel had a yellow tint. Is this normal?

View attachment 166857
That water color is normal. Mine looked the same.

Cluckr7

Jun 19, 2020
Texas
Noticed a small seam on my sunshelf. It’s about 6” long. Something to be concerned about? I sent a photo to my PB.
735059DF-3257-4DFE-BAD3-A347A63E97A6.jpeg

Been watering it every few hours, glad I only need to do this for a few days!

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
i believe those are shrinking cracks, nothing to worry about.. You should wet your shell twice a day at least but ask your PB for guidance