Radiant - adding additional suction and return

Kjingram821

Aug 5, 2020
Cincinnati
Anyone ever added an additional return or suction line (and/or wide mouth skimmer)? I'm wondering where one would find a fitting to clear the 2" thick walls. I know they're out there, just want to make sure I find the right one before I tackle this. I had my Metric 27' round installed a couple of weeks ago from a local pool company but ran all the plumbing and electrical myself so far.

mas985

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2007
Pleasanton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Welcome to the forum!

First, why do you want to add a suction line and return line? One return and one suction port should be sufficient for circulation. Do you have water quality issues? It might be due to something else (FC/CYA ratio). Have you read pool school?

Kjingram821

Aug 5, 2020
Cincinnati
No water quality issues. Having taken care of an 18x38 IG pool for 20 years prior to this, I just think one skimmer and return are insufficient, especially given that I purchased a 1 1/2 HP pump, I probably should've gone 1HP or even a 3/4. Although my pump was running at 22psi upon initial startup, it's settled down to 18PSI after 2 days. I'd like to be able to skim the surface and run my pool vacuum at the same time when needed/wanted.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.