Radiant - adding additional suction and return

Kjingram821

Aug 5, 2020
Cincinnati
Anyone ever added an additional return or suction line (and/or wide mouth skimmer)? I'm wondering where one would find a fitting to clear the 2" thick walls. I know they're out there, just want to make sure I find the right one before I tackle this. I had my Metric 27' round installed a couple of weeks ago from a local pool company but ran all the plumbing and electrical myself so far.

Welcome to the forum!

First, why do you want to add a suction line and return line? One return and one suction port should be sufficient for circulation. Do you have water quality issues? It might be due to something else (FC/CYA ratio). Have you read pool school?

No water quality issues. Having taken care of an 18x38 IG pool for 20 years prior to this, I just think one skimmer and return are insufficient, especially given that I purchased a 1 1/2 HP pump, I probably should've gone 1HP or even a 3/4. Although my pump was running at 22psi upon initial startup, it's settled down to 18PSI after 2 days. I'd like to be able to skim the surface and run my pool vacuum at the same time when needed/wanted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.