Questions about replacing booster pump from pentair LA01N to puritech uniboost

ndnchapathi69

Sep 12, 2022
pleasanton, ca
I just bought a new puritech uniboost. My existing setup has the hard pipes with an inlet connection of .75 in size and outlet of 1.5in. size. It looks like the quick connections the new pump are size 1.5in. The current setup looks like the .75 in pipe connects to a 1.5 in. pipe via a reducer. I'm wondering if I could just remove that reducer, and fasten my quick connects directely to the 1.5in pipe.
One more question, for replacing the outlet connection via a hose, do i just use a pipe cutter to remove the entire hard pipe and use the quick connects on both ends as well?
IMG_2113.jpg

I just bought a new puritech uniboost. My existing setup has the hard pipes with an inlet connection of .75 in size and outlet of 1.5in. size. It looks like the quick connections the new pump are size 1.5in. The current setup looks like the .75 in pipe connects to a 1.5 in. pipe via a reducer. I'm wondering if I could just remove that reducer, and fasten my quick connects directely to the 1.5in pipe.
One more question, for replacing the outlet connection via a hose, do i just use a pipe cutter to remove the entire hard pipe and use the quick connects on both ends as well?
View attachment 481488
It appears that the supply pipe to the booster pump can be unthreaded from the pool return line after it is cut. If not, a 3/4" FIP adapter can be glued to the 3/4" pipe. Use two hose adapters for that connection.
sch-40-slip-fpt-female-adapter.jpg

The output-to-cleaner line can be cut, a 1.5" coupler glued onto it, a 1.5" X .75" FIP reducer glued into that, and then the other two hose adapters used to connect the pump.
s-l500.jpg

@1poolman1
Home Depot; Christy's Red Hot Blue or Oatey Wet or Dry are both very good. Be sure to sand the paint off the pipe or use primer to remove it.
@1poolman1 , I started the project today, but had a delay because I needed a longer flexible conduit. I already cut off the pipe connections to the booster pump, is it ok to leave the ends exposed over night and finish it up tomorrow? I have turned off the breaker to the booster pump and the system

@1poolman1

@1poolman1 , I started the project today, but had a delay because I needed a longer flexible conduit. I already cut off the pipe connections to the booster pump, is it ok to leave the ends exposed over night and finish it up tomorrow? I have turned off the breaker to the booster pump and the system
That glue kit is good stuff. No problem finishing today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.