Question regarding 1.5 pump

rolexamerica

Jun 22, 2019
San Antonio
Hi guys, quick question, I am waiting for concrete on my 12x25 fiberglass 3-6 deep
installed is a 1.5 2 speed pump
my question is that they are recommending me that I run the pump on high for at least 6 hours a day and the rest on the time on normal speed with no time off at all
I am new to this game but it feels like overkill, I am looking at the pool now and there is hardly any dirt at the bottom and little debris on the filter, a week in, used almost daily and levels are good
I am in Texas, are they correct with the recommendations?

Thank you in advance

How are you chlorinating? Will you have a suction side or pressure vacuum system?

Continuous daily maintenance using trichlor tablets is not sustainable in your climate. So you should consider switching to liquid chlorine added daily once your CYA reaches 40-50 ppm.

From the article, you need to run your pump long enough to mix your chemicals each day. The next reason is to skim and any pump powered cleaning systems. You do not need to run the pump that much or at high speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.