Question about the SLAM process

May 5, 2017
Avon park, fl
I have an automatic vacuum that is connected to the circulation system. Should it be running during the SLAM process or should we just have the pump running? Should the pump run 24 hrs a day?

I know it says to remove debris first and we did. However, I can't see the bottom of the pool but I am sure there are probably some leaves and debris down there. There is not much because we got most of it out. The vacuum is pulling out leaves though.

Pump runs 24/7 during the SLAM.

Vacuum.... I would. Or at least I would while I was home to keep an eye on filter pressure. As long as you don't exceed the recommended shock FC level for your CYA, the vacuum will be fine. Manufacturers neglect to take the buffering effect of CYA into account when they warn against using it at shock level.

The vacuum doesn't replace brushing. Algae develops a slimy biofilm to protect it, and you need to brush it off to expose the core.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.