Question about placing pump/filter

Poolnewbie144

Jul 2, 2020
Littleton, CO
Background we have a Intex Ultra Frame XTR 32'x16'x52" that we are having a slab poured for and installing a heatpump. We keep running into issue after issue and have to decide to flip our pool around so the pump/filter and the new heatpump we have are in the front of our pool, which I really don't want to do. OR has anyone moved the pump/filter pretty far away from the ports? The yellow is where we used to have the pump/filter sitting but because we have to run an underground conduit we won't be able to put it there because of existing lines. The red is where I'm hoping I can run piping to and put the heatpump and filter and not have to put it on the front of the pool. Is this doable? Or maybe is this blue area a better choice, slightly closer to ports but not much.

You should be fine moving it pretty far away. I’ve hard plumbed my pump in (and this evening am starting to plumb in the heat pump). My run is about 25m total (just over 12m each way) and was fine last year.
Now I’ve got a heat pump I have upgraded my pump and filter as the standard Intex wouldn’t have been strong enough for the heat pump I chose. There will be some heat loss from the pipes but I think it’s minimal.

You should be fine moving it pretty far away. I’ve hard plumbed my pump in (and this evening am starting to plumb in the heat pump). My run is about 25m total (just over 12m each way) and was fine last year.
Now I’ve got a heat pump I have upgraded my pump and filter as the standard Intex wouldn’t have been strong enough for the heat pump I chose. There will be some heat loss from the pipes but I think it’s minimal.
What did you use? Just normal PVC?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.