Query related to pool control system (Screenlogic)

aa_6

Nov 16, 2023
Austin tx
Background Details
Our pool is currently under construction and as per our contract, following items are included.
1) Intelliflo 3 VS Relay pump
2) Superflo 2 HP pump - for water feature
2) Pentair 400K BTU Heater
3) Pool lights - Intellibrite (pool and spa) + Microbrite (tanning ledge)
4) Water feature (back wall)
On the contract, control panel is mentioned as “Controlled by Pump” and remote control as “Screenlogic WiFi”.
Contractor is now recommending us to add an upgrade of Intellicenter control panel and mentioned with screenlogic we can only control the pump, pool/spa lights and the bubblers. For the rest of the automation (water feature and spa heater), its manual.
During the sales cycle, they mentioned that all the pool features including water feature and spa heater can be controlled by Screenlogic wifi app on our phone.
As per our research, Screenlogic is an add on module for Easytouch control panel so we thought they will be installing Easytouch control panel by default. According to them, we are not getting "EasyTouch" control panel since there is no mention of that in the contract.
Questions
  1. Can Screenlogic WiFi be connected directly to the pump or Easytouch system is required in order to use Screenlogic WiFi?
  2. Can Screenlogic Wifi enabled in the main pump can give access to all the features in the pool through phone app?
  3. What control panel is installed for your pool? Do you have access to all the pool features through your app?

P.S : We are assuming that they missed adding the Easytouch control panel in the contract so they are now pushing hard to upgrade to latest control panel.

Last edited:
We are assuming that they missed adding the Easytouch control panel in the contract so they are now pushing hard to upgrade to latest control panel.

I suspect your assumptions are correct. :mrgreen:

ScreenLogic is a remote access add-on for just an EasyTouch and IntelliTouch automation systems. It has zero to do with what you currently have.

ScreenLogic also has nothing to do with Wi-Fi.. It operates off of 900 MHz (old portable phone) links.

The IntelliFlo3 has an app that you can use to control the pump. And since your pump is coming with two internal relays, they can be controlled by the app. So you will have the ability to turn two devices on or off.. It will not control any valves.

The EasyTouch is now obsolete.. It would do what you want, with the addition of ScreenLogic, but that is almost the price on the new IntelliCenter.

Since you have a Pool with Spa, in my mind, you will be be kicking yourself in the rear every time you use the pool without automation. Work a deal with your builder, buy it yourself, do whatever, but now is the time to install a full automation system.

The very first step in pool building is to determine exactly how you want the system to work, and then build the system with that goal in mind. I suspect this step was missed.. :poke:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: aa_6
If I understood correctly, Screenlogic wifi can only be used with Easytouch and cannot be directly added to Intelliflo 3 relay (as being communicated by the contractor).

Since Screenlogic wifi is mentioned in the contract, I feel that I can push the contractor to install easy touch and avoid the upgrade fees to install intellicenter ($3K). Let me know your thoughts.

Intelliflo3 pump is already BT and wifi capable, even the entry level model. You do not need any additional items to control your pump this way. However, it will not have the capability to control all other peripherals, as there are too many.

If you are able to require your PB to install an Easytouch, Intellicenter is roughly equivalent in cost (unless he is clearing his old inventory that he's selling at closeout prices).

ScreenLogic in and of itself is a $500-$700 add-on. It's only included in a select few Easytouch bundles. It's not a given.

Do you have a subpanel near the equipment, or just a main feed?

Reactions: aa_6
Intelliflo3 pump is already BT and wifi capable, even the entry level model. You do not need any additional items to control your pump this way. However, it will not have the capability to control all other peripherals, as there are too many.

If you are able to require your PB to install an Easytouch, Intellicenter is roughly equivalent in cost (unless he is clearing his old inventory that he's selling at closeout prices).

ScreenLogic in and of itself is a $500-$700 add-on. It's only included in a select few Easytouch bundles. It's not a given.

Thanks!

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.