Purchased home with a pool. Totally lost.

You nailed it! Most of that looks purrfect! Yes your pH can be 7.6 so you are set there.

Now head back up to post #51 and follow that link. Tell us what happens when you do the "tests" on the stains.

Get some liquid chlorine to add some FC each day as we dial in your pool. Look in my siggy below for the FC/CYA chart. That will show you how much FC you need in your pool. Do your best to NOT let the FC dip below the min amount for your CYA of 40.

You are really doing a great job! I can't wait until the pool is all balanced and you see how good it looks!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: RyanWendell
FC: 1PPM
CC: 0PPM
CH: 200 ppm
pH: less than 7.8 more than 7.5. If I had to guess maybe 7.6? 7.5 in the blue box K-1000 looks almost peach and 7.8 is more pink. My results are a lighter pink and not "peach" at all. Hope this helps.
TA: 150PPM
CYA: 40

Everything looks good. Now get your FC up to 5-7 ppm and you should never let it fall below 3 ppm as long as you have CYA 40.

Great job Ryan! Enter your current values into Pool Math and check your CSI. I ran your numbers with a couple guesses on salt (600) and temp (70) and your slightly on the positive side of 0. You want to your CSI slightly negative to avoid scaling. If you work on lowering your TA a bit through aeration, you can get on the right side of 0. You've got a spa and waterfall, so it shouldn't take long to work down you TA. Lower TA/Aeration

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.