Pump won’t turn on

KLott

May 17, 2022
Tennessee
Hello all,
I was trying to run a backwash cycle through my pump so I started by turning off the pump from a switch located by the pump. It turned off, I moved it to the backwash position. When I flipped the switch back on there was no power and the pump would not start. There is no power to the control module and the breaker is not tripped. I’ve tried turning the breaker on and off and flipped the switch to both positions and still no power. Any suggestions on what could be the issue?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you have a test meter, you might still test the breaker feeds (in & out). I had a 30-amp go bad a few months back and it looked normal but wouldn't let power through. Otherwise, post some pics of everything you have there from breaker panel t pump motor and we'll see if anything looks odd.

I concur with Pat. If you have a non-contact voltage tester, put it up against the conduit coming in (before it goes into any box, switch, timer, or other piece of equipment) and see if you have current. Test it on a known hot cable first for verification. If it doesn’t show hot with the breaker in the on position, you have a bad breaker. Or you have little minions underground that severed your cable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.