Pump water leak (my error!)

Kaspergbge

Jul 10, 2023
Omaha, NE
So I am trying to be good and do all the weekly cleaning and I went to clean the pump basket. I shut the pump off first. I then proceded to open the basket and clean it. While I did this, I heard a bunch of water leave and I don't remember that happening last time. So I did clean the basket. I also knew I needed to make sure there was water back in, so I turned the pump on under rinse setting. I let that run until I saw water then shut it off swictched to filter and turned the pump back on.

Now it seems as though I have a leak somewhere coming from the pump. I have no idea where to start to check or if I screwed something up. It is not from the basket filter, I did check that. Please help. Thanks.

So I am trying to be good and do all the weekly cleaning and I went to clean the pump basket. I shut the pump off first. I then proceded to open the basket and clean it. While I did this, I heard a bunch of water leave and I don't remember that happening last time. So I did clean the basket. I also knew I needed to make sure there was water back in, so I turned the pump on under rinse setting. I let that run until I saw water then shut it off swictched to filter and turned the pump back on.

Now it seems as though I have a leak somewhere coming from the pump. I have no idea where to start to check or if I screwed something up. It is not from the basket filter, I did check that. Please help. Thanks.
Picture of the leaking area?

K,

I can't think of any reason why what you did would have caused the pump to leak????

About the only thing would be if you did not get the lid on right or maybe left out the O-Ring..

Pics would be great!!

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Kaspergbge
K,

If the water appears to be coming from 'under' the pump, then most likely the shaft seal is leaking....

I can't tell from the pics if the water is leaking from the plumbing, and then dripping down the sides of the pump or not.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.