Freehold, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
This site has given me all the tools to run my pool as a first time pool owner and I’m so grateful.

I tried searching for this but couldn’t find anything. It seems like every time I take the lid off of our strainer to clean the basket the rubber o-ring (rectangle) blows out. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I’ve had to replace this ring several times this summer and it doesn’t seem right. I take the lid off, it flops out and doesn’t fit back in. Then air gets through the lines until I replace it. Any advice?

Had to answer you.... and say hello. Lived just outside downtown Freehold off RT. 79 for 10 years, left for Florida 2001.

The make and model # of your pump basket is key to order the correct o ring replacement, If you do not have that information take a few photos of your equipment and someone could probably help you with that.

You o ring is worn out and needs to be replaced and lubed (magic lube is good) when you reinstall it, that should take care of your air leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.