Pump settings with a SLAM

ChapmanTrav

May 16, 2019
Central California
Undergoing my first SLAM after draining my pool due to high CYA and CA. I now have everything within recommended range (thanks everyone!). Most of my algae is in the spa. My spa is raised above pool level with a spillway. I understand I need to run the pump continuously during the SLAM but how much time should I run the spillway? My understanding is that the water is pulled from the pool to the spa with this setting. I have it set for 2 hours per day on spillway and 22 hours for pool. Is the filter working when the spillway is going? Thanks all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 5
You need to circulate through the spa to get that chlorinated for the SLAM. The pH will rise, so be sure the pH is lowered to 7.2 before starting. What is your TA?

Adjust your valve that sends the water to the spa as only partially open. You can do that by using the toggle switch on the actuator. In pool mode, flip the toggle switch on the return side so the actuator moves to let a portion of the water return to the pool. When it is open enough, move the toggle to the center to turn off the valve. At the end of the SLAM, be sure to reset the toggle switches.

Run the actuator so the OFF is pointed mostly towards the spa side. Just enough to get flow through the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.