Pawleys Island, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Is this just a cover on the back end of my SS Hayward pump? Can I just replace it? Or is this a motor replacement? It’s still operating fine (4 years old). Don’t want to wait until it fails, looks to me 536F69FD-EB3A-4525-BA33-8CA535173554.jpeglike some preventive maintenance is warranted.

It's just a cap. The Phillips screw pictured and probably 2 more around the ring will let it pop off.

What’s under it? Is the motor exposed to moisture under there? Will ignoring it hasten motor failure? I’ve searched the net a bit for a replacement without luck. Any leads on where I can get one?

What’s under it?
A fan that cools the motor jacket. Search for hayward fan shroud and also add the model # 'sp2600' (etc)

On the diagrams I can find, they list the whole motor as 1 piece, either the single speed or the VS.

If you can't find it, call inyo.

Screenshot_20221016-161241_Gallery.jpg

Is this just a cover on the back end of my SS Hayward pump? Can I just replace it? Or is this a motor replacement? It’s still operating fine (4 years old). Don’t want to wait until it fails, looks to me View attachment 458320like some preventive maintenance is warranted.
Remove it, sand and paint. Don't want the fan shroud to come off, that would allow for damage to the fan, fingers, kittens and disrupt the air flow needed to cool the motor.

Reactions: Newdude
Remove it, sand and paint. Don't want the fan shroud to come off, that would allow for damage to the fan, fingers, kittens and disrupt the air flow needed to cool the motor.
I wish it was in good enough shape to do that. It’s so corroded I can stick my finger right through it.

I wish it was in good enough shape to do that. It’s so corroded I can stick my finger right through it.
Hayward told me the shroud is not available as a separate item. You might try removing as much loose material as you can and get some Flex Tape at a hardware store like Home Depot. Wrap it around the shroud, just don't cover the openings unless you cut them open again. It is good stuff and may hold for quite a long time.

Reactions: borjis and Newdude
Ask a lcal pool guy to save you a shroud next time he replaces a motor like that. He may even have an motor in his parts heap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’ve been trying to get hold of Century with no luck. I’ll try to remember to stop by a pool shop next time I’m near one. Meantime I’m going to fab one up.

I’ve been trying to get hold of Century with no luck.
Have you tried all of these ways?

Customer Service: 1-833-734-2500

Regal Rexnord Corporation. 200 State Street - Beloit, WI 53511

Phone: (608) 364-8800

Fax: (608) 364-8816.

HVAC, Pool and Pump: 800-672-6495

E-mail: [email protected]

Warranty Contact Number

Toll-free: 800-254-4207

E-mail: [email protected]

1666126303482.png

It's not that far, maybe pop in for a visit if they won't answer your call.

Last edited:
Regal Rexnord is a dead end. They won’t help without a mfr part number for the motor. There isn’t anything on the labels other than Hayward numbers, none of which help them. Looks like it’s down to fabbing one.

Send them pictures of the labels.

They know what motors they make.

They know how to cross reference the Hayward number.

Item #SPX2607Z1MTG.

Ask Hayward what the manufacturer number is for the motor and for the shroud.

Ask Hayward to send you one.

Can you show the motor labels?

Does the part have a part number?

Send them pictures of the part with dimensions.

They know exactly what the part is.

1666212334287.png

Last edited:
I spoke to Regal Rexnord. Read off all the part numbers on the label. None of them means anything to them. Spoke to a Hayward rep who has helped me in the past. He does not know what the corresponding mfr motor part number is. They have no motor replacement parts. 1FDDD3A9-3FAE-4DDB-8FD5-B5FF464BF091.jpeg

There were covers available for other models. I bet there's at least one that would be close enough for government work with a minor tweak or two.
I have seen other fan shrouds for their VS motors which look like they might work with modifications. $30 or so. I still think I can make one for less than $10.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.