Pump replacement and possible brand replacement

Jun 13, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Hello,

My name is Chris and I am in need of some experienced advice. I have a 2Hp secondary single speed US motor that is giving me some bearing noises. From the original placement of it I have decided that it is time to replace it. In addition, the pump basket housing is cracked right above the mounting area of the motor. So, I thought about just getting the same exact parts and continuing the status quo but, everything is Jandy. I don't want to continue paying the Jandy price every time something goes out or wrong. So the few questions I need answered are:

- If I need to stay with the same type of pump, what is the equivalent in a variable speed? (Preferably between 1 and 3 horsepower)
- Can I retrofit a Pentair VS pump instead of staying with Jandy?
- If I did go to a VS pump, would it be able to work in unison with my Jandy AquaLink system?

In addition to this information, I will eventually continue to switch everything from Jandy to Pentair - as budget allows... Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Pump 1.jpg
    Pump 1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Pump 2.jpg
    Pump 2.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 9
Yes, you can control the basic speed functions of a Pentair IntelliFlo pump with your Aqualink as long as you have the right software level. Look to the Intelliflo 011028 pump.

Jandy_Aqualink_RS Controlling_Pentair_Intelliflo_Pumps

Jandy Aqualink Installation Manual[1] section 3.2.7 describes how to connect a Pentair Intelliflo pump to the Aqualink.

While the Aqualink RS can control an Intelliflo VS pump it cannot control the VF functions of a VSF pump.

Last edited:
Yes, you can control the basic speed functions of a Pentair IntelliFlo pump with your Aqualink as long as you have the right swoftware level. Look to the Intelliflo 011028 pump.

Jandy_Aqualink_RS Controlling_Pentair_Intelliflo_Pumps

Jandy Aqualink Installation Manual[1] section 3.2.7 describes how to connect a Pentair Intelliflo pump to the Aqualink.

While the Aqualink RS can control an Intelliflo VS pump it cannot control the VF functions of a VSF pump.
Thank you Allen! I will take a look at the manual and check my software level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.