Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’ve been trying to do some pump research and just haven’t found good resources. I’m reasonably handy, can rebuild my pump, motor. I’m a chemical engineer and understand pumps, pressure drop. What I don’t understand is pool feature demands. I have 2 skimmers, SWCG, heater (used 1-2x annually but in the flow circuit continuously I think), hot tub that overflows to pool. None of the valving is automated, so we overflow spa to pool.

I’ve just rebuilt my Century USQ1202 2hp single speed motor. I’m tossing around getting a variable speed 2.25hp VGreen model. I like the idea of using the same pump and wetted parts I have now, getting a new efficient motor, and having my existing single-speed motor as a spare.

Are there cons to the VGreen? At inyopools, it’s not much more $$ than a single speed replacement and well short of the $1-2k pricetag of VSPs from Pentair.

Is a $600 VGreen motor replacement leaving anything on the table?

The new V-Green motors are fairly new to the market, but Century makes a good product. It appears to be the same as the older V-Green motors with a different interface. Run at a higher RPM (not max) for a bit to skim, then turn the RPM down to save energy and wear on the filter.

Reactions: Turkish
I’ve been trying to do some pump research and just haven’t found good resources. I’m reasonably handy, can rebuild my pump, motor. I’m a chemical engineer and understand pumps, pressure drop. What I don’t understand is pool feature demands. I have 2 skimmers, SWCG, heater (used 1-2x annually but in the flow circuit continuously I think), hot tub that overflows to pool. None of the valving is automated, so we overflow spa to pool.

I’ve just rebuilt my Century USQ1202 2hp single speed motor. I’m tossing around getting a variable speed 2.25hp VGreen model. I like the idea of using the same pump and wetted parts I have now, getting a new efficient motor, and having my existing single-speed motor as a spare.

Are there cons to the VGreen? At inyopools, it’s not much more $$ than a single speed replacement and well short of the $1-2k pricetag of VSPs from Pentair.

Is a $600 VGreen motor replacement leaving anything on the table?
You may want to look at the motor guinness spoke about. Good motor that gives you more control over its functions.

Reactions: Turkish
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.