Pump pressure high

May 30, 2018
ROUGEMONT, NC
Hi All. I just added a skimmer to my 18' above ground pool with sand filter. Now my pressure creeps up after a while and I backwash and the pressure goes down for a bit but will rise again after a couple hours. Also when I backwash the water seems rather clear. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: I suspect now that you have a skimmer, your pump and filter are not only working more efficiently, but also gathering material faster in the sand. My concern is that what you are describing sounds much like a filter that is collecting too much organic matter that shouldn't be there - algae. Even if it's clear. Any chance you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit to post a full set of numbers for us? That would be our ideal first place to start.

Also, don't forget to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and the Vital Links below in my signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.