Pool pressure sand filter loosing pressure

Dean Barnett

May 26, 2023
New Jersey
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello I have an above ground and I am having issues with my sand filter. I loose pressure after a couple of hours. There are no leaks and I took motor apart to clean impeller. Skimmer basket clean and hoses are clear. I’m dumbfounded. HELP!!

Hello I have an above ground and I am having issues with my sand filter. I loose pressure after a couple of hours. There are no leaks and I took motor apart to clean impeller. Skimmer basket clean and hoses are clear. I’m dumbfounded. HELP!!
Welcome to TFP!!! :swim:

Do you mean a couple hours after you backwash?

Losing pressure is a sign of a chemistry problem (algae). How are you testing your water? Can you post a full set of test results?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Welcome to the forum.
You say the filter is losing pressure. What does the filter pressure gauge show right after cleaning and then later. Is the water flow into the pool normal?

To the best of my ability, as I understand it, you backwash the filter, the pressure is then 10 psi. In a bit of time, the pressure rises to 17 psi and the water flow slows from the pool returns.
That implies you have algae. Follow the SLAM Process

Reactions: Dean Barnett
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.