Pump Plumbing Broke

If you can glue a coupling over the black part with a big disc in place, that might hold everything together, but it would be permanent.

Maybe a 2.5" deep coupling would work?

1634348534447.png

Last edited:
If you can glue a coupling over the black part with a big disc in place, that might hold everything together, but it would be permanent.

Maybe a 2.5" deep coupling would work?

View attachment 378116
I would try to find a saddle clamp. Something that you can tighten (not excessively) around that the pipe that sits against the top of the union. You want to distribute the stress on those other 3 tabs. Not ideal, and it may only be temporary but would provide some safety.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reactions: garywi and HermanTX
Maybe something like this 👇?
3 Inch V Band Clamp CNC Stainless Steel Flanges, 3in SS Vband, V-Band Flange Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D77DL42/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BXFRQ4ZZVCFP0DDHJQHF
Or even a large hose clamp?
Also call around to local pool places - they may still have one even though they are discontinued
thanks for finding this example. I searched HD and Lowes and all they had was regular lightweight clamps This is much better and agree, a pool store or a plumbing supply store may have similar products.

Reactions: garywi
Maybe you could create a tube around the entire part and then fill the tube with a strong pourable epoxy.

Maybe cut a piece of 3" or 4" PVC in half lengthwise and secure around the entire section with tape and then epoxy putty at the bottom to prevent leakage of the liquid epoxy.

Fill the tube with epoxy to lock everything in place.

After talking with several local pool companies, I am going with Pentair Intelliflow 2 HP Variable speed pump $1562.00 installed and the Pentair Intellicom for $450.00 which will integrate with my Jandy automation without changing it out. Hope I am making the right decision.

2008 – Rev O = Communication with Variable Speed pumps.

What is the software revision?

When was the system installed?
James.
The OP started a new thread regarding the IntelliFlo working with Jandy Automation
See below

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.