Pump not responding

Jan 8, 2017
Atascadero/ca
I have a Pentair Whisper Flow. I just replace the check valve and lubed the gaskets on the wet side of the pump. We have had the circuit breakers turned off to prevent the pump tring to start when pieces were disconnected. When I went to turn the pump back on the timer panel clicks. It immediately goes into spillway mode and there is no sound from the pump at all. Could I have knocked something loose whe I took the end off to clean? Is there some sort of a reset I need to do on the panel? I am a rookie at all of this still--though I have had success fixing the heater a few times.

You say it goes into 'spillway' mode but the pump is not running?

Should not be a reset. Check the timer maybe?

Kerry,

Did you turn off the circuit breakers to everything, including your Aqualink automation, or did you just turn off the pump? If you were just working on the wet end, I can't think of anything that should keep the pump from working...

Make sure the automation is in the pool mode and then push the pump/filter button and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jim R.

We turned off the circut breaker to everything. I did press the pump button on the pad in the garage. It takes it out of spillway mode, the jandy valves turn back to pool mode, but the pump does not turn on. When I am out at the control panel by the pump, it will not let me press the pump button. The only button that responds on the control panel out by the pump, is changing to service or time out mode. Do I need to reprogram something to get it all communicating again?

Kerry,

Do you have a single speed WhisperFlo or do you have a VS pump?

If you have a single speed pump than the pump/filter relay must close to turn the pump on. If you have a Pentair IntelliFlo then it has a serial cable that tells the pump to run. Did you disconnect the motor from the wet end when you were working on things??? Did you disconnect any of the AC power leads when you were working on the pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Kerry,

With a single speed pump I would use a voltmeter and measure the input voltage to the pump.. If the voltage is not at the pump then I would find the Pump/Filter relay inside your automation system and see if you have voltage on the Line side (Input side) of the relay and then on the load side (Output side) of the relay. If you have the voltage on the line side and not the load side then the automaton is the problem. Not sure what, could be programming or a bad relay or ??? If you have voltage on both the line side and load side, then something is wrong with the wiring between the automation and the pump.

If you have no voltage on the line side of the relay, then you most likely have a popped pump circuit breaker. Which I assume you have already looked at...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mas985
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.