Vsf pump not communicating with ez touch pump

Nrm706

In The Industry
Sep 29, 2023
Missouri
Im having trouble getting pump to communicate with ez touch panel. It will start if i push the button on top of the pump. A schedule is set on the panel and i hear it click on when pump light comes on. But pump doesn’t come on. Pump connect light flashes but not magenta

Welcome to the forum.
If the controls on the pump are usable, then the pump is not connected to the ET panel via RS485. Check for the cable from the pump to the ET panel. Should connect to a J20 port on the ET board.

Post pictures.

If your SWCG is up and running, use the automation and adjust the cell's output and then look at the cell to see if the sanitizer lights changed. This might take a few minutes.

If you can't adjust the cell's output, using the automation, then most likely you have lost your RS-485 bus.. If you can adjust the output, that means the pump or the RS-485 cable/connection to the pump is bad.

Tell me what you find,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Im having trouble getting pump to communicate with ez touch panel. It will start if i push the button on top of the pump. A schedule is set on the panel and i hear it click on when pump light comes on. But pump doesn’t come on. Pump connect light flashes but not magenta
Which pump are you having trouble with, brand and model? EZ Touch will usually only communicate with a Pentair pump.

Here is a link to the 'key' for how the control panel light are supposed to work..

What color is the "connect" light and what is it doing???

I too have never seen an IntelliFlo3.. But... I think you can either have it connected to your automation, OR you can control it via an app, but not both at the same time. How is your set up??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Griswald

Here is a link to the 'key' for how the control panel light are supposed to work..

What color is the "connect" light and what is it doing???

I too have never seen an IntelliFlo3.. But... I think you can either have it connected to your automation, OR you can control it via an app, but not both at the same time. How is your set up??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Inteflo3 vsf. Pump is green but auto light is flashing white/yellow. Definitely not communicating with panel right now.
Maybe bad com cable?
Pentair pro app vía Bluetooth works but not automation through eztouch panel. No magenta light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.