Pump issue

Jun 7, 2015
Wamego/KS
How long do pumps typically last? This pump is the original so probably 10-11 years old. Went out because I noticed lots of debris on the water. SWG was flashing ‘no flow’. Pump is hot to the touch and smells hot. Pump won’t turn back on.
Is there anything else to check or just time to purchase a new pump? If I need a new pump any recommendations??
Thanks

The attached pic shows my current pump. The V Green 1.65 would be a comparable motor replacement?
If I just replace the pump are there any suggestions on a comparable replacement?

Attachments

• 5C99102D-7A29-4A1A-A368-8B4BA85BC3F2.jpeg
    5C99102D-7A29-4A1A-A368-8B4BA85BC3F2.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 3
What is your budget, are you replacing yourself or using a service person? Do you have any plans to get automation? The Pentair Superflo VS is another option.

Last edited:
I found a max e pro replacement pump for about the same price as the V Green. That is about the e top of my budget. Just wondering which option would be best. I’m not super handy but watching the video on how to replace the motor looked doable. No plans at this time for automation.

Instead of getting another single speed pump, recommend getting a variable speed instead. Over the life of the pump you would see significant savings, see article How Much Does My Pool Pump Cost to Run? for more details. See the post below for someone else that changed the motor for the first time.

I had the same issue Sunday with a 1.5hp Hayward Super Pump. I am by no means a DIY'er. I can't do anything!!!!! I was able to mount a new motor on the wet end of my pump in a couple hours. I didn't get the V-Green VS but as long as it matches up its the same process.

Also see the following thread about energy savings with a VS pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.