Pump filter system info needed in a time crunch for new pool install for Friday.

awwheck! I'm sorry my phone broke and I'm using my sons tablet and it was giving me problems when I back spaced and needed to make a correcion.
My CYA level is 5. Not 51.

It's on there but they have no proof that I didn't take it home. The same little lady was still working and she didn't see it but they refused the refund. I wasn't going to get to mad at them because I should have made sure and I knew the girl was trying.

The Leslie's by me doesn't use test tubes. They have sealed individual testers they open in front of you so you know the water isn't being mixed with any other water. I don't know if that is different from anyone else's stores. This doesn't mean I trust the test compared to getting the TF-100.
No worries! That is good to know. Okay, so from here on out, you'll assume your level of CYA/50 (it's best to round to the higher 10)
FC/CYA Levels ~ I would aim for adding liquid chlorine (according to PoolMath) to achieve FC/6-8 ("maintenance" FC target for CYA/50)

Reactions: Natnem
The missing bag most likely went home with the next shopper by accident. They could have been honest and called the store but got a customer service employee who is not near the register people to ask...... and the register people see so many people that she wouldn’t have remembered you anyway. You go back to the store and speak with someone else at customer service and all the register lady knows is that her register added up correctly at the end of her shift.

it happens but at least it was a cheaper thing that you lost out on.

I'm on the site to order the test kit, the home page says the speedstir is out of stock so one of the bundle kits isn't available. When I click on the test kit option it has the $72.00 kit with add one options and a speedstir for $42.00. Is this the same tool?
I'd love the kit to come with what tools are truly helpful. I saw the sample sizer and that seem like a helpful tool but it says it isn't going to work with the TF100 kit. Should I try to buy everything separate since the bundle is out? If so what do I need?

I was replying to your question about the kit plus one option. Those are the two things I use! You don’t have a saltwater pool, so no need for the salt kit. Can’t remember all of the other choices.

Reactions: Natnem
I'm on the site to order the test kit, the home page says the speedstir is out of stock so one of the bundle kits isn't available. When I click on the test kit option it has the $72.00 kit with add one options and a speedstir for $42.00. Is this the same tool?
I'd love the kit to come with what tools are truly helpful. I saw the sample sizer and that seem like a helpful tool but it says it isn't going to work with the TF100 kit. Should I try to buy everything separate since the bundle is out? If so what do I need?
Yes a SpeedStir is a SpeedStir.
The Sample Sizer takes a set amount of water, so you can just use a small plastic bottle for home use. The water sample should be taken from at least elbow deep (after pump running for 30min+)
The Standard Sampler is really nice, especially the CYA test standard, because it teaches you how to see/interpret the test sample correctly.

Yes a SpeedStir is a SpeedStir.
The Sample Sizer takes a set amount of water, so you can just use a small plastic bottle for home use. The water sample should be taken from at least elbow deep (after pump running for 30min+)
The Standard Sampler is really nice, especially the CYA test standard, because it teaches you how to see/interpret the test sample correctly.
💡Samples of water! Around how many test can be ran with them?
I used to used borax in my little pool. I'm not sure if I will on this one yet. Do you have an opinion one way or another? I'm asking because I didn't know if I should order the test strips.
I noticed in your picture that you have a pool light. It looks like its nice and bright. I bought one, and I feel like it doesn't light the pool well. I could just have too high of expectations!

💡Samples of water! Around how many test can be ran with them?
I used to used borax in my little pool. I'm not sure if I will on this one yet. Do you have an opinion one way or another? I'm asking because I didn't know if I should order the test strips.
I noticed in your picture that you have a pool light. It looks like its nice and bright. I bought one, and I feel like it doesn't light the pool well. I could just have too high of expectations!
The CYA test can be redone multiple times.
If you are going to maintain a Borate level, then definitely get the borate strips.

It's the Intex magnetic pool light, I don't believe it works on metals walls unfortunately, it is SUPER bright!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.