Sand filter

Valega

Apr 20, 2023
Ohio
No I didn’t search this topic. I’m trying to get fast answers. I have an above ground pool with a sand filter pump system. I just plugged the pump in and the motor has zero reaction. By zero I mean none. No hum. No vibrate. No work. This was my first winter with the sand pump and I most likely didn’t winterize as I should have. Is there a “fix” or do I buy another one and treat it properly next winter? Location is Ohio. Pool is intex. Pump is Summer Waves, size appropriate.

Attachments

• IMG_8323.jpeg
    IMG_8323.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8322.jpeg
    IMG_8322.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you have the time and feel like it, you can try to open it enough to see if the impeller or motor shaft will spin. Perhaps it's slightly stuck (rusted) from sitting for a few months. But if that doesn't work, unfortunately, those Intex pumps are pretty much use & toss. Not a lot of repair work you can do to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.