Pump control without topside?

Jul 7, 2012
Québec, Canada
I've found a used jetpack 941100 pack but it doesn't have a topside controller.

Is it possible to make the pump work without the topside? I'm assuming it has its own on off switch.

It does have a separate Johnson a419 controller mounted on the side of the pak but it's a separate controller that only does the temperature and doesn't control anything else.

I can only find this info on it

Johnson Controls A419 Series Electronic Temperature Control | 13 ft Lead Cord | A419ABC-3C

Is this for a pool or a standalone hot tub?

I've never heard of jetpack and can find no info on that number. I have no idea what is in it. Can you post a pic of the inside of this pack?
Johnson makes commercial/industrial controls and are not used in any portable spa that I know of. I have seen a couple of really old inground tubs that used various independent components to (poorly) operate the equipment, or portions of it.
My personal opinion is to stay away from anything not specifically designed to run a spa. The safety features and redundancies built into a modern spa pack cannot be duplicated by independent components, and are there for a very good reason. What you describe is either very old, hodgepodged together by some DIY guy, or had a "repair" done that involved bypassing some part of the controls and using a johnson thermostat instead.
I appreciate that you are trying to build a cheap spa, but I stand by my statements on that other forum you posted in. Your best bet is to buy a cheap used spa and fix it up. DIY spa builds rarely go as planned, and have no chance of comparing to a real spa, even an old ugly one.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Not sure why it is around here but the cheapest used spa is not cheap. Plus I really wanted a wooden hot tub and there's no used ones. I could of course clad a used one in wood if I could find one.

Here's the only pic I have attached.
Even if I fixed up a used spa I'd likely have to buy a spa pack, which is what I'm searching for.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210309-122350_Messenger.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210309-122350_Messenger.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Yeah, I still can't find anything on it, even with that spelling. The manual timer and deadfront gfci are not typical for new controllers, and suggest that it is not a digital controller. I think pinnacle still makes them that way, but I haven't bought one like that in over a decade. There are risks with this type of pack that are addressed in a digital system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.