Carson
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I think my pump capacitor is going bad. The pump is running but it is making a loud humming noise that it didn’t make before I have purchased new capacitor but it wont be here until Saturday. Is it ok to run the pump in the mean time? If not what do I do to keep things clean and circulating in the meantime?

Last edited:
Keep running the pump until it stops.

If the pump stops add 5ppm of Liquid Chlorine daily until you get things running.

You may want to have a few gallons of Liquid chlorine on hand.

How do you chlorinate your pool?

I remember when your capacitor exploded.

Do you have video of the noise?

fcfcafbd-08c3-42c5-b990-ab73b7e89ef5-jpeg.329637

Keep running the pump until it stops.

If the pump stops add 5ppm of Liquid Chlorine daily until you get things running.

You may want to have a few gallons of Liquid chlorine on hand.

How do you chlorinate your pool?

Salt chlorine generator

I think my pump capacitor is going bad. The pump is running but it is making a loud humming noise that it didn’t make before I have purchased new capacitor but it wont be here until Saturday. Is it ok to run the pump in the mean time? If not what do I do to keep things clean and circulating in the meantime?
When we
It would help if you can get your pump up off of the ground some so that water, dirt and rocks are not getting inside the motor.
purchased new motor we removed rock from under it for airflow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think my pump capacitor is going bad. The pump is running but it is making a loud humming noise that it didn’t make before I have purchased new capacitor but it wont be here until Saturday. Is it ok to run the pump in the mean time? If not what do I do to keep things clean and circulating in the meantime

I added a video to the initial post

All Century® motors are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of installation or twenty-four months (24) from the date of manufacture.

All Century® motors are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of installation or twenty-four months (24) from the date of manufacture.
I purchased May 2021. 🫤 If its the bearings do i need a new motor?

You can replace the bearings, but it is not worthwhile for most people.

I would replace the pump with a SuperFlo VS.
Is it possible to just purchase the motor? I would like something that’s compatible with the rest of the system. I would like to try and avoid having to disconnect all the tubing to and from the pump if possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.