Pump and filter problems

taz101

Aug 21, 2010
Hi Everyone,
My old pump had lost power and getting noisy so I replaced it with a new 2hp pump (was 1.5hp). The problem is the filter would not fill and no pressure. The new pump is doing the same thing. It does not prime properly so I think suction line leaking. Ran a new pipe from the pump directly into the pool and now it works fine. Will replace/repair the suction line. The bigger PROBLEM is the filter will not fill or build pressure. I have checked the lines for obstructions and took the diverter valve apart and it is fine. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Paul

Taz,

Seems to me it would be impossible for the "Pump to run fine", unless there is a place for the water to go.

What do you feel at the pool returns? Could it be as simple as the pressure gauge on the filter is bad. Since the water has to go somewhere, is it going out the backwash line?

Show us a couple of pics and tell us more.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.