Pulled wall off track during install - received the wrong size liner

eyedoc_01

May 30, 2020
Saint Louis MO
Hi all,

I have a 27' round that now has two sections off the rails.

We ordered a 27' round x 54" unibead liner. Got a box that said 27'x54". Unrolled the liner inside the pool, sticker said 27'x54". Turns out it was an 18'x33'x54" oval liner. Turns out that when you try to install that on a 27' round pool, you can get about 90% of it attached. And then the wall caves in.

I am a newbie, clearly. The liner fit great in the first quadrant (long end of liner), then had to pull some in the second quadrant where the liner was only 18' wide, but then fit fine again in the third quadrant. By the time we really got into trouble in the fourth quadrant we were thinking that us being newbies was the problem and the liner would just stretch with water. But no...

Anything special I need to know about putting the wall back in? The bottom track has a lot of sand in it. Think I lost a bit of sand under the foam cove. Thanks in advance if you've run into this. Just so disappointed as the pool should be filling RIGHT NOW and it's going to be a pain to find a good liner at this point.

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats
Just redo the cove & sand
hopefully not any damage to the wall
Sweep out the track & begin again.
hopefully the vendor you ordered the liner from will replace it with the correct one quickly when you explain their mistake & the trouble it has caused.
Not sure who u bought from but some have been known to overnight one because they messed up.
We’re rooting for u!

Thanks all. We couldn’t quite figure out how to get the track in without popping out the next section or getting a bunch of sand in.

it happened to be the two sections on either side of the wall joint, so we unbolted it and reset the track. Had to tap several upright bases in to make it fit but we got it together.

Found out liner locally and ran over and got it. Pool is filling! Have to figure out return later.

Thanks for your help and advice. Pool is about 3 feet full. Some of the resin wall got bent when we pulled it really hard with the oval liner. As the pool is filling it is slowly pushing the wall out. We will find out if it snaps completely out to shape when we get it up all the way full.

Measured from cove seam to cove seam in the narrow direction. The liner was in the pool (which was only 27' across) so I couldn't measure fully that way, but it looked like about an extra 6' the long way. Also, 18x33 is the only 18' oval size that made sense.

Company is refunding liner and letting us keep 18x33' oval liner. Anybody want to buy an oval liner? :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.