PSI for Hayward DE 2420

ToniMarie

Jul 1, 2020
Revere, Massachusetts
So now that I have my pool crystal clear and chemically balanced. I have questions about the filter/backwashing. So after cleaning the entire filter my PSI tends to stay between 10-12 (closure to 12). I noticed today (5 days later) it's at a 14. I was just wondering the average rate of a PSI and how long it takes to raise. I guess I just want to make sure I am within normal range. I"m probably just being a worry-wart, but i'm going through all my firsts. My grids are in good shape, but I think next year I am going to invest in new ones. I've been around the bend with this pool. I went from having it green and having my shock interact with copper! All that is finally solved and now I am ready to enjoy it! I just wanted to make sure I am on track with the PSI situation.

Attachments

• IMG_6934.jpg
    IMG_6934.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
Normal range for a perfect TFP clear pool is the filter PSI hardly rises unless a storm or your landscaper dumps dirt in the pool. Or you have some algae in your clear water the filter is catching.

Does you pool pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.