Proper Position Of Jandy Valves? (HELP)

Shaker27

May 27, 2024
Odessa, FL
Hi ALL - Sort of new to this pool system. I feel like we may have the wrong valve placement.

Concern #1: Are the valves properly placed based on pictures?
Concern #2: The waterfall from the jacuzzi to the pool is no longer pouring down. How do I fix this?

Must know: The bowls were shut from pouring due to some maintenance we have to do because the lips became corroded. As a result, they are not pouring on purpose.

Help.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 8
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 8
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 8
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 8
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 8
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 7
  • valve system.jpg
    valve system.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Welcome to TFP.

What makes you think your valves are not properly placed?

This spa return line should be feeding your spa water for the spillover in pool mode. Check the operation of the check valve on the line.

pic6-jpg.577427

Your spa spills over and into your pool because of the water supplied by the "Spa Return" pipe.

Since the valve is wide open, then the problem has to be due to a dirty filter, or if you have a VS pump, it may be running too slow.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Since the valve is wide open, then the problem has to be due to a dirty filter, or if you have a VS pump, it may be running too slow.

My thinking was the check valve may be frozen shut.

If there is good water flow out of the other returns then there should be some water flow into the spa return.

How do I check the operation of the check valve on the line? I'm very green to this equipment.

First of all the lid on the check valve is transparent.

The check valve has a flapper that you should be able to see. When there is water flow the flapper is pushed open towards the lid.

Do you see water flow through the lid?

Do you see a change in the position of the flapper when the pump is on or off?

The pipe to the right of the SPA RETURN says POOL RETURN. What does the pipe to the right or the POOL RETURN pipe say?

Can you turn the valve handles on the three return pipes?