May 20, 2021
Los Angeles
Moved from HERE

I got 6 jva
2 are for pool spa mode on a vsp pump1
1 for to switch between deck jets and laminar jets on a additional vsp pump2
1 to switch between parascope and bubblers on additional vsp pump3
1 for solar roof heating
1 to work with the solar jva and bypass the gas heater to have more flow and less pressure.

I need help setting up programming the 4 extras jva, so far only the pool spa are set as it's the default setting.
My system is RS12 that has 1 main power center and a secondary one.
I only saw 4 sockets for the jva in the main control board. Where do I plug the additional jvas?

Thanks

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional JVAs will need to be installed using a Jandy AquaLink RS Auxiliary JVA Relay Board (5254). This relay board plugs into one of your free AUX ports then converts the connection to the JVA. Additionally it needs power, so it gets wired in series with the other JVA Relay boards you need and then the last board on the chain would plug into the back of your power center where the existing power comes in, and then you would take that existing power cable going to the powercetner and plug it into the first JVA relay board.

If you have a need for 4 more relays that need to be independently operated, you'll need 4 free aux ports.

If your JVA and solar JVA heater bypass don't need to be operated independently and actuate at the same time when turing them on/off then you can free up the Aux that the heater bypass JVA would be plugged into, and plug it into a JVA Relay Board and then plug that relay board into the SLR-PMP port directly to the right of the Solar JVA port. They will both operate at the same time. Jandy also makes a Relay Splitter Part#5098 you can use to split the SLR-PMP aux port if it is already occupied.

Edit: Just noticed you have an auxillary power center. There are 4 JVA ports at the top right of this one you can utilize and then assign them to an AUX for control.

Last edited:
Additional JVAs will need to be installed using a Jandy AquaLink RS Auxiliary JVA Relay Board (5254). This relay board plugs into one of your free AUX ports then converts the connection to the JVA. Additionally it needs power, so it gets wired in series with the other JVA Relay boards you need and then the last board on the chain would plug into the back of your power center where the existing power comes in, and then you would take that existing power cable going to the powercetner and plug it into the first JVA relay board.

If you have a need for 4 more relays that need to be independently operated, you'll need 4 free aux ports.

If your JVA and solar JVA heater bypass don't need to be operated independently and actuate at the same time when turing them on/off then you can free up the Aux that the heater bypass JVA would be plugged into, and plug it into a JVA Relay Board and then plug that relay board into the SLR-PMP port directly to the right of the Solar JVA port. They will both operate at the same time. Jandy also makes a Relay Splitter Part#5098 you can use to split the SLR-PMP aux port if it is already occupied.

Edit: Just noticed you have an auxillary power center. There are 4 JVA ports at the top right of this one you can utilize and then assign them to an AUX for control.
Thank you for the info.

After I posted I went and opened the power centers and noticed the 4 exta jva ports on the secondary power center. I will plug in a couple of them there after I should be able to see them in the menu where the assign JVA tab is?
Also today I plugged the solar temperature sensor. Do you know where I can see the temperature reading from this solar sensor ? I checked the menu but can't seem to find it. I only got the slr priority button to work. From enable to disable. But no other setting or reading of the solar temperature sensor.

Thank you

Installed a 5th JVA into the 2nd power center of the rs12. The 4 additional jva ports are already assigned to aux b1 to b4. They are all used by my pumps so each time I turn one of those pumps on it energizes the jva for that aux.
I cannot see the additional 5th JVA in the software?
My system is rs12 can I have more auxillary than the 12? Or how can I control the 5th JVA if I don't have any of the 12 aux empty?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.