Programming a new JVA IAquaLink

Randy21

Mar 5, 2021
West Palm Beach
I have a pool with an elevated spa with a spill over. There is a manual valve to return water to either the spa or the Pool. I want to automate that valve and be able to one touch it or put it on a schedule rather than having to go out to the pool and manually move it. I have installed the JVA plugged into the cleaner and have tried different aux and dip combos without success. I have also learned that there is a spillover feature that was not enabled on the board. Would this allow me to control the flow of water Instead of adding the JVA to the pool/spa return?
Thank you.

Dip switch #3 enables SPA SPILLOVER. See the wiki Marty linked to.

Thanks for the help. I have it setup through the cleaner and JVA is responding but when cleaner is on the RPM's jump 3450. Can that be adjusted?

I am confused about what you have setup. Spa spillover or cleaner?

What are you trying to make work how?

What cleaner do you have?

What I am trying to do is automate the spa/pool return with a JVA so I don't have to do it manually. I want return through the pool some of the day and through the spa the other part of the day. I plugged the JVA into the cleaner port and turned on dip switch 1. I had to move to pool lights which were plugged into AUX 1 to another AUX.
I encountered a problem and figured it out. I had previously setup a one touch setting in the VSP setup window to increase the spa rpm's to 3450 when I was in the spa. So when the cleaner(the new JVA assigned to cleaner port) switched on the RPM's increased to 3450. It was linked to the preset 3 (cleaner). I changed that setting to 2250 and used preset 4 for the spa boost.
It is setup and working the way I want it on a timer diverting the return either to pool or spa with a one touch if needed.
Question: After embarking on this project I became aware of the spillover feature. I'm wondering whether I could have used the spillover feature instead. Does the spillover bypass the pool/spa return diverter? Does it bypass the heater? I
Question: Can I disable the JVA and turn it manually if needed? I know there is an off switch position but it I can't seem to move the valve.
Thanks for the help.

Please post pics of your equipment and valves. I think you are taking a circuitous route to do something very simple.

Do you have a JVAs on your POOL/SPA return and suction valves?

Are those JVAs connected to the RETURN and INTAKE valve sockets?

In POOL mode the JVA is set to suction from the pool and return to the pool
In SPA mode the JVA is set to suction from the spa and return to the spa.
In SPILLOVER mode only the return JVA turns to suction from the pool and return to the spa. This flows all return water through the spa and over the spillover into the pool.

I don't understand what valve you have the JVA on and why you are plugging it into the CLEANER socket.

This is what I wanted to do. Automate and control the pool/spa diverter and it works exactly how I intended. I was not aware of the spillover feature. The spillover may do the same thing more simply. The newly installed JVA may be redundant although I have more control. I do have JVA's on the suction valves but I also have a manual diverter to return to pool or spa or a percentage to either. I couldn't upload pictures for some reason. Please read my original post. Thanks

Automating a Water Feature Valve​

You may have a water feature that is manually controlled by a diverter valve. You can control that valve from your Aqualink in two ways:

1 - If you are not using a cleaner pump connected to Aux1 then you can...

- connect the waterfall JVA actuator to the CLEANER socket - put dip switch 1 ON that enables the cleaner function - if you have something connected to AUX1 you need to move it to another AUX relay as AUX1 becomes the cleaner - you will find AUX1 is labeled CLEANER and I believe you can rename it to WATERFALL

When you select AUX1 the JVA should turn and enable your waterfall.

Actuator control circuit

OK, so if it working like you want what questions do you have now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.