Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello to all
I just paid $9 for a 2.5 gallon refill of chlorine at the store that rhymes with Shmeslies. Wow. It used to cost close to 5, before hurricane X supposedly destroyed a chlorine plant near Louisiana.

Is there a cheaper solution somewhere else in South Florida? The lady at the store suggested that getting small bags of their shock product, 5 for $30 I believe, is a better deal.

Nine dollars!!! Neuf. Nueve.

$3.60 per gallon? I would not hesitate to buy that.

My only problem would be by the time I drive from Las Vegas to Florida, there goes my savings. I paid $14.98 + tax for a 2 gallon pack at my local big box hardware store.

I don’t complain too much because I only need liquid chlorine in the winter when the SWG shuts down due to cold water.

Hello to all
I just paid $9 for a 2.5 gallon refill of chlorine at the store that rhymes with Shmeslies. Wow. It used to cost close to 5, before hurricane X supposedly destroyed a chlorine plant near Louisiana.

Is there a cheaper solution somewhere else in South Florida? The lady at the store suggested that getting small bags of their shock product, 5 for $30 I believe, is a better deal.

That’s a great deal compared with the rest of the country, buy two jugs!

Hello to all

Pinch a Penny is normally the freshest LC as they have a big supply tank that is refilled on a routine basis. Also at $9 for 2.5 gallons is a very good price these days.

Hello to all

That price is pretty good,just make sure it hasn’t sat there since summer,that price for shock is not bad either.But watch out with cal hypo it can cloud water and add calcium and dichlor is 57% cyanuric acid stick with liquid chlorine as everybody on this forum will tell you the same

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Hello to all

5 of what for $30?
1# bag of 99% Dichlor ?
73% cal hypo or maybe 65%?
Is the liquid chlorine 10 or 12%?
Without knowing these details its hard to say which is cheaper per fc.
$9 is what I also pay for 2.5 gal refills of 10.5-11% which beats wally world currently. Not a bad price at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.