Pressure issue

ecj11

Jul 21, 2019
Visalia CA
Good morning,
Our pool filter is staying at 35 psi. We have pulled the filter apart, cleaned all of the panels, refilled with proper amount of DE (per the manufacturer instructions). The filter PSI starts around 15 and creeps to 35 within an hour. By the morning the skimmer basket in front of the pump is dry, the pump is priming, and tons of air is shot out into the pool. This morning while taking a look at the pump I noticed that there was enough pressure to push open the backwash valve when shutting off the pump.

Why are trying to figure out where to start on this. Since the water isn't circulating, the pool is green.

Thank you!

Your pool is green due to chemistry. Your filter is doing what it is supposed to do, filter the stuff out of the water.

You need to run the filter on Recirculate and follow the SLAM Process. Once you have defeated the algae, you then start the process of filtering out the solids.

So the high pressure and draining of the skimmer filter is just due to the algae? When I took the filter apart, the DE filters were not very dirty.

Thank you for the links, I will look through them. I greatly appreciate the help, been fighting with this for a couple of weeks now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.