Potential New Pool Owners

DCBOYZ

Jun 29, 2021
Oklahoma
My wife and I are in the early stage of purchasing a in ground Gunnite pool/spa. Pool size is approx 17 x 32 free form with a raised 16" 7' diameter round spa. The builder has given us an estimated cost of $75k cost to build. Is this a decent price? What questions should we be asking? We are in the state of Oklahoma. I have attached an estimate we received. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The DPCH Fee is builder's fee.

Attachments

• Pool estimate.pdf
    301.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Equipment.pdf
    149.9 KB · Views: 19
Hi h\there DCBOYZ...... IMO that's a horrible estimate as it gives no info about actual models of equipment, type of sanitation, type of finish for the pool. Spa features?
Where are the specifics?? All I know about the pool is you want a pool that is 17X32 with a spa. Shape? Finish? type of jets for the spa? Pump?
Do you need a heater? Gas or heatpump? Maybe propane?? Do you want automation? Do you want a robot to clean the pool or go with something more old fashioned like a pressure or suction pump (go for the robot. We know where to buy separate from the pb for best price)

Give this a read and see if it helps-

Maddie :flower:

Hi h\there DCBOYZ...... IMO that's a horrible estimate as it gives no info about actual models of equipment, type of sanitation, type of finish for the pool. Spa features?
Where are the specifics?? All I know about the pool is you want a pool that is 17X32 with a spa. Shape? Finish? type of jets for the spa? Pump?
Do you need a heater? Gas or heatpump? Maybe propane?? Do you want automation? Do you want a robot to clean the pool or go with something more old fashioned like a pressure or suction pump (go for the robot. We know where to buy separate from the pb for best price)

Attachments

• Equipment.pdf
    149.9 KB · Views: 19
Ok.... I'll run down the list with comments...

Pentair Intelliflo Pump ✅
Legend Cleaner ❌ Terrible choice- like using a rotary dial phone when better updated choices out there. You want a robot. Needs no extra pump just to run it and they do a far, far better job.
Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter ✅ Go big on this and you'll have to clean it out less often.... 420 or 520 sf
Salt System ✅✅✅ Excellent plan! Go for the Pentair and get one at least 2X the pool volume. Probably an IC60?
Pentair Easytouch 8 ✅ Make sure its not a Lite version of anything
Screenlogic ✅
Intellibrites ✅
Depth 3-6' ⚠️ 3' is too shallow for anything. Uncomfortable for adults to stand in, can't swim in it or you scrape your knuckles. Go 3.5 or 4'

DC,

I have the EasyTouch with ScreenLogic and love it... :thumleft:

That said, it is kind of like a 10 year old iPhone.. Works fine, but not the latest and greatest..

For about the same cost you can get the new Pentair IntelliCenter which is newer and better..

The EasyTouch (ET) has a max of 12 programs, the IntelliCenter has a 100.
The ET has a black and while alphanumeric 3" Display. The IC has a larger color touch screen like your phone.
The ET's Firmware can't not be upgraded by the owner.. The IC's firmware is upgraded over the internet just like your PC

I could go on, but you get the point.. The same basic price, but many better features.

No matter if you buy the EasyTouch or the IntelliCenter, you want to make sure your pool builder uses the "package" deal.. It come with the Automation, an internal salt cell power supply, the salt cell itself (IC40 or IC60) plus two valve actuators.

You will love your new saltwater pool. The IntelliFlo is the gold standard of pool pumps (Just don't get the one with the SVRS option). The CCP-420 or 520 will be perfect for your set up.

Thanks,

Jim

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
For what it’s worth in my neck of the woods that would be well over $100k. Also, I agree on losing the cleaner to save yourself a few grand and get yourself a $700 robot cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.