Possible water under liner

Yev

Jul 29, 2014
Independence, KY
Consider an offseason liner change this year. Liner changes from april to august are hard to come by, as all installers are slammed with work. Dont buy a new liner from anyone who tells you that wrinkles are common. Keep calling to find someone who cna get the work done for you.

bligh

Jun 24, 2020
Wall Township, NJ
I was thinking after I patch and roll, I can place a large, flat steel plate on top of the patch with a 25 lb plate on top of that as it cures. Is that a good idea?
I also had a tear along a bottom seam...I glued a round patch and fashioned a piece of 3/4 inch wood to just fit over the patch and set a ten lb rock on the top of it for 24 hrs, it did stop the leak.

Also to your side that has slipped out of the track at the top of the liner, I drained 5-6 inches of water just so I would have extra material to stretch and used a hair dryer
to heat the liner across a broad swath under the area that needs to be re-hung. This worked well and then I put in those pointed plastic shims made to pin liners in the track, that worked well also.

best of luck

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

mwemaxxowner

Apr 15, 2020
Pageland SC
I've read about both of these ways to stretch that back up, I've just yet to try them 🤦🏼‍♂️. I have some of the shims. Thanks all!

Unless it starts tearing on us left and right I'm probably going to hold off on a liner a bit longer than that.

I think I'll do the same, set a piece of lumber over the patch and a weight instead of a piece of steel. Something a little more forgiving on the liner.

Last edited: