Possible New Semi-Inground Pool, Northern New Jersey

Marty62

Jul 29, 2020
Maplewood, New Jersey
Hello all.

I am researching in advance of our 1st pool in Northern New Jersey (Maplewood).

I am focused on a semi-inground pool. I'm a sucker for those pictures/ads of the beautiful semi-inground pool, surrounded by the nice pavers/patio ... so I know there is quite a bit to do to get the job done. I enjoy DIY projects but am looking to have the pool installation and paver/patio work done by professionals.

I have not yet submitted any paperwork to the town but my preliminary checking with the building department seems to indicate there will be no approval problem with a semi-inground pool so the next step is picking the appropriate brand of pool.

I don't have a formal quote but I have had some pool vendor discussions and I thought I had settled on an Aquasport 52. The issue is that I want to go with what I think are referred to as in-wall or permanent stairs. Although I have seen a few pictures of semi-inground Aquasport pools with different types of in-wall stairs, I have been told that is not possible or at least not recommended with Aquasport pools and that instead I would have to go with what looks like a stair insert that sits on a mat. For a number of reasons I would prefer actual built-in stairs.

Even if I can find someone to install the in-wall stairs, I don't want to screw up the integrity of the Aquasport pool or void the warranty by trying to do something that is not recommended so now I need to decide if I go with a different brand.

I would appreciate any input on this issue.

Thank you ahead of time.

Marty

Hey Marty-welcome to the forum! We installed our pool last year and have spent the last few months (on weekends thank you Covid-19) working on the deck. We love the in wall steps-they were definitely worth the money! Here are a couple of pictures-and while I’m in no way as knowledgeable as others on this forum-I’m happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

• D31B2560-3499-4375-BB35-FA609404FB27.jpeg
    D31B2560-3499-4375-BB35-FA609404FB27.jpeg
    631.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 887883DF-C790-40BA-8671-8E29741A7ACD.jpeg
    887883DF-C790-40BA-8671-8E29741A7ACD.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 18
Hey Marty-welcome to the forum! We installed our pool last year and have spent the last few months (on weekends thank you Covid-19) working on the deck. We love the in wall steps-they were definitely worth the money! Here are a couple of pictures-and while I’m in no way as knowledgeable as others on this forum-I’m happy to answer any questions.
Hey Marty and Welcome. @kd did built one with traditional inground stairs and it is amazing. Building an "ocean".........aka 18' Round Doughboy Saratoga w/In-Wall Entry Steps

(KD, I couldn’t remember exactly who did it so I searched for ‘build me an ocean’. ;) It came right up).
Hey Marty and Welcome. @kd did built one with traditional inground stairs and it is amazing. Building an "ocean".........aka 18' Round Doughboy Saratoga w/In-Wall Entry Steps

(KD, I couldn’t remember exactly who did it so I searched for ‘build me an ocean’. ;) It came right up).
Yep-work on this “ocean” continues but the whole family is loving it-especially the grand daughter🥰

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.