Por15 and intex legs question

Mar 17, 2018
Grant
We had an intex pool and after one season of chlorine use the legs rusted so we wanted them and repainted them. Now 2 years later legs totally rusted and gave out. Seems to be rusted o my on bottom half of legs though. We purchased a new one and plan to use por15 to coat I side of pipes so my question is .....1. Has anyone done this already and what method did you use ? 2. Did you have any problems getting pipe to fit together? Thank you.

Here is a pic of mine as well. I have about 1/3 blown out like the one in pic. Intex said "30 day warranty" when I called. So we are tearing down this month and putting up a new pool. Hope you get something to work out. My wife and I have "Intex heartburn!" Live and learn.
attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to convince the wife to let me fix it but she declined! LOL I so wanted to go to Lowes and buy galvanized fence posts and T's for framing. But she insisted on a new one that will last. So we are letting kids swim these next couple weeks while we wait on new one to arrive. I personally do not think you can reuse the intex metal it is thin cheap junk. Totally rusted out on my pool and we did use SWG but I think it would have done the same without the salt. In my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.