Popped Pool in DFW?

Talk to local pool builders and companies. They should know your local environment the best. It can happen anywhere you have a high water table. We can't assess your local geology.

There is a post somewhere here on the forum showing a pool popped out in the Dallas area. I am searching but not coming up with it.

Was in the last couple years. After a big rain storm.

There should be a hydrostatic valve in the in the pool that you should make sure is open if you do drain.

More importantly, why do you want to drain it?

There should be a hydrostatic valve in the in the pool that you should make sure is open if you do drain.

More importantly, why do you want to drain it?

Thanks, all. I do not WANT to drain it, but, I have a pool leak that is dropping about 3/4 of an inch of day and I have identified it is likely my main drain.

I have a guy coming to fix it on Thursday, but, at my deepest my pool is 9 1/2 feet deep and there’s only about 3 feet of water left in it.

i’ll go ahead and add water just to be safe.

I wouldnt fill it all the way back up if it is already that low. Maybe you need to add some water to it, maybe not since 3 feet of water in a 13k gallon pool weighs a lot. I would be curious what other have to say.

Good luck with the leak and hopefully the fix is relatively painless.

I wouldnt fill it all the way back up if it is already that low. Maybe you need to add some water to it, maybe not since 3 feet of water in a 13k gallon pool weighs a lot. I would be curious what other have to say.

Good luck with the leak and hopefully the fix is relatively painless.
Thanks!

check this out...

Attachments

• 3BAD6C9A-97E5-4FAB-9B30-5FD2723F0929.jpeg
    3BAD6C9A-97E5-4FAB-9B30-5FD2723F0929.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 53
There is a post somewhere here on the forum showing a pool popped out in the Dallas area. I am searching but not coming up with it.
That is driving me nuts! I can see it in my head how it was popped and tilted. Maybe @Jimrahbe will remember it? I think he replied to that thread. But I couldn't find it either.

Pat,

Sorry, does not ring any bells with me.. ?

Although anything is possible, but I don't believe that pool popping of gunite pools here in the DFW area happens too often.

If you can dig a 3 or 4 foot post hole in your backyard and it does not fill with water, I suspect you will be just fine.

And... I would not be surprised if no hydro-static valve is even present. I have had two old pools replastered and neither of them had anything but a single main drain pipe.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.