Gold Supporter
Oct 10, 2021
Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a "poor performing" Polaris 3900 Sport - tangles often, moves with a wheel off ground, circles, tips backwards, etc. Reading forums, I checked the joints and they all seemed to more freely. The only thing I found was that this backup valve (the "float" in attached picture) sounds like it has water swishing around inside. Could that be the source of the problem and should I start by addressing that? If so, what is best way to address?

Thanks.

IMG_8868.jpg

If you suspect the backup valve is not working properly then replace it and see if it fixes the problem.

I guess my question is "is it normal for it to feel / sound like water is splashing around in the backup valve?" - outside of that, I have no reason to suspect it is working incorrectly.

My pool has been closed for 6 months and I don;t remember ever feeling water sloshing around in the valve but I never really had a reason to look carefully.

Polaris Pool Cleaners - Further Reading describes how to open up the backup valve to examine the mechanisim and gears,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.