moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Good morning,

I did a partial drain on a pool yesterday in order to reduce reduce extremely high cya (+200 and green pool). Unfortunately the customer called me to say that despite filling all night, the pool won't fill above the light fixture. It's a 10,000 gallon in ground plaster.

I assume the water level was above the light before the drain....right?

1. Somehow, the light niche got damaged and water is leaking out (that's almost impossible unless it was intentional)

2. Customer is mistaken (much more likely)

I think it may require an onsite visit but it should be a pretty easy fix.

That's a nice avatar, Dave. You look really happy working on that pool. Not everyone can say that!!

The owner said to me that he puts water in the pool every 3-5 days. That's a bit more than evaporation if you ask me.. He had issues with leaks before.

Someone is going out on Monday to drop some dye in the pool and see where it goes.

I think given the fact that he has been maintaining the pool on trichlor pucks for years, the leak and subsequent filling is why the pool hasn't gone green until now.

I have a happy avatar because that was when I only had 20 pools! Now I use 6 oz of cya reagent a day!

Most likely, it's leaking from the conduit.

You probably have to seal it.

Also, you can't just drop dye in the pool to see where it goes.

If you have a leak, you have to apply the dye right by the leak (less than 1") to have any chance of seeing the dye go through the leak point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.