Pool Water Aeration

Miniguy77

May 20, 2019
San Diego, CA
Can you tell from the attached video how much the slight splashing from the spa spillway contributes to pH rise? It’s the result of the top edge of a tile on the bottom left sticking out slightly. The pump is running at low speed and the water coming into the spa is from the bypass line, which is fixed (no automation). The pump runs daily at low speed for 9 hours and at high speed for 2 hours.

It will raise it. Hard to say how much, depends on TA.

Why run the pump so much if adding liquid chlorine? I would cut it back to 4 hours and see how it acts.

Sure. Only reason to run it longer is for skimming. Be sure you add your liquid chlorine for the day at least 30 minutes before the pump turns off.
If you find 4 hours does not keep it clean, add an hour and see how that does.

Sure. Only reason to run it longer is for skimming. Be sure you add your liquid chlorine for the day at least 30 minutes before the pump turns off.
If you find 4 hours does not keep it clean, add an hour and see how that does.
OK. I guess I’ve been in the dark about how long to run the pump daily. Since the pool was remodeled a few months ago I stopped going to the pool store and taking their advice. I’m very lucky to have discovered TFP. The chemicals the pool has seen are only bleach, muriatic acid, and baking soda, maintaining target ranges. The pool remains crystal clear with no hint of algae.
But I need to determine optimum pump on times and best mix of low and high speed for energy efficiency.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.