Can anyone tell me what these stains are on my pool and how to fix it? I've checked with my local pool store and they've never seen anything like it. Thank you.

Attachments

• GOPR0863 (1).JPG
    GOPR0863 (1).JPG
    268 KB · Views: 17
  • GOPR0865 (1).JPG
    GOPR0865 (1).JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 17
  • GOPR0864 (1).JPG
    GOPR0864 (1).JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 16
  • GOPR0861 (1).JPG
    GOPR0861 (1).JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 16
  • GOPR0862 (1).JPG
    GOPR0862 (1).JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 17
  • GOPR0866 (1).JPG
    GOPR0866 (1).JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 14
If you are referring to the what appears to be blue bleeding through the white ...... it looks like a change in your gelcoat. Your gelcoat is transitioning to a chalky white and some of the original blue is still bleeding through. At least that's what I'm seeing. It happened to mine. There were a couple pics that appeared to have something dark in the corner or outer edge of the photo, not sure if you were asking about those as well.

Can you provide some current testing results from your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit? Also some historical testing results or averages perhaps?

If you are referring to the what appears to be blue bleeding through the white ...... it looks like a change in your gelcoat. Your gelcoat is transitioning to a chalky white and some of the original blue is still bleeding through. At least that's what I'm seeing. It happened to mine. There were a couple pics that appeared to have something dark in the corner or outer edge of the photo, not sure if you were asking about those as well.

Can you provide some current testing results from your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit? Also some historical testing results or averages perhaps?

10-14-19
TA=100
PH=7-7.2
FC=.5
CC=0
TC=.5
CYA=100
CH=250

9-28-19
TA=130
PH=7.2
FC=.5
CC=.5
TC=1
CYA=80
CH=100-150

8-31-19
TA=50
PH=7
FC=3.5
CC=0
TC=3.5
CYA=70
CH=300

5-22-19
TA=20
PH=6.8
FC=8
CC=0
TC=8
CYA=90

Some of the pictures are taken above the water and some under the water. It looks different on the seats and steps than the sides. It looks splotchy under water but chalky on the seats and steps. You can't feel anything though.

You can't feel anything though.
Same as in my case. You might want to look at my thread: Fiberglass Discoloration (Faded & Chalky) - My Story. I do have a theory based on your numbers above, but I have to ask..... are those your test results or the pool stores? I ask because unless you exchanged a good amount of water, the CH level won't just drop in its own. Also of concern is your pH. It's been quite low for a while now. In May it was extremely low with a very low TA as well which would make the water very aggressive. My concern is that the aggressive water is effecting your gelcoat.

If those are pool store tests, it is imperative you test your own water with a TF-100 or Taylor K_2006C. See Test Kits Compared. You simply can't place much reliance on others to give you accurate, consistent results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.