Does anyone recognize these walls/type of pool and know how to clean them?

fre1102

Jul 26, 2019
Saint Louis, Missouri
Can anyone tell me more about my pool construction and specifically how to maintain it?

These are the walls of my pool. It's drained in preparation for its replastering. The walls are a coated metal--it doesn't appear to be paint, unless it's very thick. I've never seen a pool built like this. Poured concrete floor with metal wall sections.

Also, last spring my cover ripped and leaves got into the pool. The walls have been stained since then. No amount of scrubbing or super chlorination have budged that stain. I've tried scrubbing with straight bleach and a paste of bleach and OxyClean now that it's empty and still nothing. A 3600 psi pressure washer will make it 'cleaner' (the white squares in the pictures) but nothing's making it white again.

Any advice for getting them clean while I've got it empty and can get at them directly?

Welcome to TFP.

You will get a better response if you post your pics directly to TFP to be viewed.

You sure the walls are metal? Does a magnet stick to them?

It looks like a hybrid pool with fiberglass walls - Hybrid Pools - Further Reading

The walls are a coated metal--it doesn't appear to be paint, unless it's very thick.
Any chance it's fiberglass? Hybrid pools were a thing for a long time with fiberglass wall panels and a concrete floor.

The bubbles in the gel coat give this theory legs.

Search above for hybrid pools and some examples will pop up.

Any chance it's fiberglass? Hybrid pools were a thing for a long time with fiberglass wall panels and a concrete floor.

The bubbles in the gel coat give this theory legs.

Search above for hybrid pools and some examples will pop up.
There are definitely bubbles in the gel coat. I thought it was steel because the pool guy that was servicing it when I bought it said it was steel. Also there are some spots of what I thought were rust.

Reactions: Newdude
Maybe fiberglass over steel ? Steel doesn't bubble. Gel coat doesn't rust. 🤷‍♂️