Pool SOS

I was struggling with this because I read 1 tsp = 30ml. But that's not what it says. 1 tsp = 5ml, so you have 18900:5 or about 3800:1. So, yeah, you get close to triple your bleach concentration in ppm.

Screenshot_20210731-080952.png

I like my way better. Less water. 😁

was struggling with this because I read 1 tsp = 30ml. But that's not what it says. 1 tsp = 5ml, so you have 18900:5 or about 3800:1. So, yeah, you get close to triple your bleach concentration in ppm.
Poolmath lies here. It rounds up or down to the nearest Tsp. Again, waaaaaaaaay too much time was spent. Lol.

In you pool, who cares ? But in this case we could be 50% off one way or the other. So I went to 5000 gallons, divided by 1000 and converted, converted, converted to teaspoons. I figured 1.186 ml (or whatever it was, but it was 1 point something) would be too hard.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Click on the pic in post #27. Factor in the water movement and imagine how clear it was for OP. Yeah. That clear. I then throw down the gauntlet and challange you to a dime.

Click on the pic in post #27. Factor in the water movement and imagine how clear it was for OP. Yeah. That clear. I then throw down the gauntlet and challange you to a dime.
Dang! Ok. Point taken, lol.

Reactions: Newdude
Dang! Ok. Point taken, lol.
Everybody always thinks they are clear-ish, or kinda clear, Or even clear.

Then TFP completely redefines the word for them. When they see it for the first time, they get it. You’ll get there too, just not quite yet.

Also, this is now the stage that loses a lot of visual progress. Going green to milky to pretty clear is a big difference and mentally it helps. But when you get to the exponential fractions….. the filter removes half of the algae with each pass, And half of the half next time , and half of the remaining half the next time……. Yeah. The last little bits take 25 more passes to get. (I used half as an example for the point. No idea what the # would be). So prepare yourself to be patient if it takes another week + soon. The FC usually holds well at that stage so the SLAM get easier. Brush, vac and backwash @ 25% psi increase.

Reactions: Athas08
So I've bleached part of my liner on accident. Is it compromised, like does that make the vinyl thinner somehow?
It would have to be so bad that it’s chemically burned. Usually it’s just a fade. What happened ? Got pics ?

*obligatory THAT sucks !!!*

more words about it : 🤬ing🤬

Reactions: Mdragger88
I'll take pics in the morning. I was slowly pouring the chlorine in, but not spreading it out. I couldn't see the bottom ship didn't know it was causing bleaching.
When pouring in regular small maintenance amounts just going slow in front of the return is usually fine but when pouring in slam amounts I always have the bleach jug in one hand & the brush in the other mixing (my family jokes that i’m like a witch stirring my cauldron 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: Athas08 and Newdude
Also if its any consolation, my summerwaves pool liner was bleached by my floater being left in as i drained it overnight . I was sad cuz it was a brand new pool (i was draining for the 2nd time to re- level 😭)
That pool lasted 3 years & the liner was still fine - the poles got scratched & rusted so we upgraded to the big girl pool we have now. Those intex style liners are tuff.

Reactions: Athas08

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.