Pool SOS

wow, didn't know chlorine would cause this. I slammed my pool, just poured it in front of the inlet slowly, I didn't use probably near as much as you but wow.... i know if I have to slam again to ensure it's stirred up.

I'm bumping the chlorine up to SLAM level one more time today and then I'm calling it DONE! It holds overnight (9 to 8.5), the CC is .5 and the water looks like a fresh fill. Thanks @Newdude, @Mdragger88, and everyone else for your help. My husband has been blown away by how great it looked and thanked me for all the hard work several times :) Whatever the winterizing steps are here, I'm following step by step! I don't want to do this again if possible.

Now for a maintenance question: Should I bump the CYA to 40? It's at a 30 now. August sun in Texas is brutal.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Glad it’s going well!
Whatever u settle on for cya be sure to maintain the high target fc level for it or even a little above according to the FC/CYA Levels so you never get close to the minimum.
Enjoy your trouble free pool !

Reactions: Athas08
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.