Pool school

BullDogs

May 11, 2020
Illinois
Hi guys -

First time pool owner and I must say, this forum has made maintaining our pool so easy. I get on some Facebook groups and see pics and questions about green pools, cloudy pools, and sometimes even purple pools. Overwhelmingly, the answer to the problem is either Shock it or Green to Blue. No one ever knows their pool chemistry or even what chemicals they are actually adding to their pool.

I can say that following the advice on this forum has been the best thing I’ve done as a new pool owner. The first thing was learning that test strips are garbage. Buying a K2006 test kit to accurately understand what is happening with the water was probably the best piece of advice we received. Honestly, testing the pool chemistry has just become part of my morning routine and it’s kind of fun!

The second thing we’ve learned is the simplicity and control liquid chlorine gives you. Sure I may have to add it every day, but it definitely beats all the problems people seem to have with the “one size fits all“ pucks. Knock on wood, my water has stayed clear for the month and a half we’ve had the pool. I’ve never had to shock or do anything other than maintain the chlorine levels or adjust the ph.

Thanks for the help and I’ll definitely be using this site when it’s time to close the pool!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.