Pool Robot

KMcGriz

Jun 28, 2020
MA
Hello All,

My husband and I just purchased a home with a lovely SWG pool and so far, it's going pretty well.

As noted in my signature, it's a fiberglass pool as well as kidney shaped with curved rather than 90 deg edges. Growing up we had a 20x40 vinyl and the last few years of ownership, my parents broke down and bought a pool robot- it was a game changer! Obviously that was a much bigger pool than what I have now but I'm curious what others suggest for a fiberglass/ SWG. I've been reading blogs and online reviews but it's hard to know what/ who to trust

Preferences- clean the waterline; easy to clean filters; don't scuff the fiberglass; parts don't rust with saltwater; don't miss large sections; don't get hung up on the main drain (though easy enough to redirect)

Any thought?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
Many of us have the Maytronics Dolphin line of robots -- including myself. The basic one is the Active20/S200. Will clean your pool as you describe.
I suggest you call Marina Pool Spa in Denver, CO and discuss with them your needs/desires. They have very good prices and customer service.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thank you! That article is really helpful to pull together how the chemicals interact. I haven’t found any that were as succinct and straightforward.
And your suggestion on the robot was also perfect! It reaffirmed the direction to go in

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.